Accounting Operations Specialist
GrowthAssistant is looking for an Accounting Operations Specialist for our growth marketing team. This teammate handles accounting operations (i.e., account receivables and payables) for an e-commerce business. Furthermore, this teammate works closely with various departments to ensure the accuracy of accounting work and liaises with both customers and vendors.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work with a well-known brand and who values continuous learning and growth in their career.
- Work From Home
- Attendance, Performance, and Referral Bonuses
- Paid Holidays and Time Offs
- Health Insurance Card
- Manage email inbox of customer and vendor emails and communicate with all parties involved on an as-needed basis
- Ensure that all invoices are recorded and coded properly
- Process incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivables data
- Identify discrepancies and resolve any billing or payment issues with vendors
- Work closely with all departments to ensure any issues or queries are resolved in a timely manner
- Prepare supporting schedules by using exported data, Excel pivot tables, and various Excel formulas
- Assist in the month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and internal policies and procedures are followed
- Assist with the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and monthly financial reporting packages
- Liaison to operations in support of expense coding for purchase orders, check requests, travel and expense charges
- Must have 3+ years of experience in an Accounting / Finance / Corporate Finance role
- Being a CPA is a plus
- Must have 3+ years of experience in Accounts Receivables and Payables
- Must have 1+ years of experience with Quickbooks, BIll.com, or other similar accounting software
- Should have Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Should have experience managing client or vendor outreach via phone and email to gather key details
- Experience or navigational knowledge of NetSuite or other similar platforms is strongly preferred
- Preferably with e-commerce or retail industry experience
- Should have strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and provide basic reporting of financial data
- Must be highly organized, attentive to detail, proactive, and complete deliverables on time
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Can work on graveyard shift following any timezone in the US
Jumpstart your application by filling out our application form AND completing the video recording ahead of time! Here's the link to our video recording for you to complete:
Do you already have a pre-recorded video? Include it in your portfolio, and we can review it instead! Make sure you provide a brief summary about yourself, your work achievements, and why you're the next best hire.
Completion of video recording helps us expedite the application process a few days earlier than expected!
We are looking for someone who wants to grow with our team. Ideal candidates desire to learn and grow, take on more responsibilities along the way, and be resourceful enough to gather enough information to help provide accurate analysis and insights. Join our team now!