GrowthAssistant is looking for an Accounting Specialist for our growth marketing team. The accounting specialist will support the operations of the accounting department revolving around billing and accounts receivable.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a tech company and wants continuous learning and growth during their career.
- Work From Home
- Attendance, Performance, and Referral Bonuses
- Paid Holidays and Time Offs
- Health Card
- Review customer contracts for customer billing requirements, including billing cadence, billing and business addresses, payment terms, PO requirements, etc., to ensure completeness and alignment with related Salesforce opportunity
- Maintain accurate customer account information and set up new accounts.
- Generate and email invoices from ERP system Sage Intacct (or other ERP system)
- Deliver customer invoices as per the customer preferred method including uploads to various customer portals, i.e., Ariba, Coupa, Bill.com
- Send out customer statements monthly or upon request.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify and correct quality control issues such as duplicate billing, data entry errors, set up/system errors, etc.
- Work with internal and external teams to verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Apply cash receipts to open invoices accurately each day.
- Work with customers to ensure that payments are made timely, the aging is accurate, credits are applied correctly, and payment discrepancies resolved quickly.
- Research and resolve account discrepancies including Issuing credit memos as needed.
- Generate Accounts Receivable aging reports for analysis and execution of collection standard operating procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, or related field (CPA a plus)
- 2+ years of accounting and/or billing experience or equivalent experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced with the following platforms: Microsoft Office, Sage Intacct accounting system, Salesforce CRM or similar
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to do VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables, sumifs, etc.)
- Must have good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to work US Mountain time hours
To be successful with the role, you must have the following qualities:
- Must be analytical and detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, with capability to work with minimum supervision and accustomed to being in positions of responsibility and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization and with customers.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and
- Ability to work independently, equipped with confidence and the right judgement to make decisions and work with minimal input
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Jumpstart your application by filling out our application form AND completing the video recording ahead of time! Here's the link to our video recording for you to complete:
Do you already have a pre-recorded video? Include it in your portfolio and we can review it instead! Make sure you've provided a brief summary about you, your work achievements and why you're the next best hire!
Completion of video recording helps us expedite the application process a few days earlier than expected!
We are looking for someone who wants to grow as part of our team. Ideal candidates desire to learn and grow, take on more responsibilities along the way, and be resourceful enough to gather enough information to help provide accurate analysis and insights. Join our team now!